Sunday, June 9, 2013

C4T: #1

MacBook keyboard

For my first C4T assignment, Dr. Strange assigned me to comment on a blog developed by Dr. Wesley Fryer, a digital learning consultant, author, digital storyteller, educator and change agent. Dr. Fryer is also the author of “Mapping Media to the Common Core” digital literacy framework and ebook “Playing with Media.” All while, he is a fervent advocate for immersed digital learning and student-created digital media projects. He has taught many technology courses at different school, including University of Montana, the University of Central Oklahoma, the University of North Texas, and Wayland Baptist University.

The first post commented on, Dr. Fryer wrote about the fifth graders at Independence Elementary School of Oklahoma, having the opportunity to intractably write on KidBlog. My comment is as follows:
"I enjoyed learning about the 5th grade students participating in KidBlog. As a future teacher, I believe using technology as a learning tool, is so beneficial. In a technology based world, it is so crutial to use technology being that we are surrounded by technology. On a personal level, my late high school is in a Technology Renaissance where every current student has a MacBook for learning reasons. In the past two years, the passing and graduating rates have inclined. As said before, because we are surrounded by technology, it is safe to say that technology is a good thing."
For Dr. Fryer's second blog post, Dr. Fryer explained his newly developed way of explaining how to use MacBooks. Dr. Fryer built a website entitled MacBook Maestro. Dr. Fryer has built MacBook Maestro specifically for educators who are required to use MacBooks in their classrooms, that do not have enough time to adapt to the changes of the Mac system.
Dr. Fryer, I truly appreciate the fact that you built a website to help educators learn how to use their MacBooks. For years, I have personally used a PC until I got into the EDM310 class, where I got a MacBook Pro. It took me a few days to adapt to the change, because the Mac system is so different compared to a PC. However, I do adapt quickly to new technology, but I assure you that educators are thankful for your services, in the new website, MacBook Maestro.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading both of Dr. Fryer's blog posts! By the way he reacts in his posts, one can truly tell that he is passionate about his work!

2 comments:

  1. " on a blog developed by Dr. Wesley Fryer, ..." Developed is incorrect. He has been writing his blog for several years. What is a better word that will convey what you intended to say?

    "He has taught many technology courses at different school,..." schools, not school.

    "The first post commented on, Dr. Fryer wrote about the fifth graders at Independence Elementary School of Oklahoma, having the opportunity to intractably write on KidBlog. " The first post I comment on? No comma after Oklahoma. Intractably? Look up the meaning. Why did you use intractably? I do not understand.

    It is too late to address your comment but here are my comments:

    "On a personal level, my late high school is in a Technology Renaissance where every current student has a MacBook for learning reasons. In the past two years, the passing and graduating rates have inclined." Late high school? Did it die? Apparently not since it is in a Technology Renaissance. You should have added Program after Renaissance. Why did you include "for learning reasons". That is certainly implied and unnecessary. Graduation (not graduating) rates have inclined? What do you mean? Inclined is a slope with an upper end and a lower end.

    "As said before, because we are surrounded by technology, it is safe to say that technology is a good thing."" Would it be safe just because i was surrounded by hungry lions? Awkward and should be rewritten.

    Your writing needs a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dr. Strange. You need to work on your writing. Always proofread your posts before you publish them. I also think you need to work on summarizing the posts you read. I feel like I didn't learn anything about Dr. Fryer's blog posts.

    ReplyDelete